Thursday, November 20, 2008

Had a few brew sessions

I have had a few brew sessions (actually 3) since the system was finished.  I have made a few tweaks.  First I added a water filter between the water source and the HLT.  I bought a charcoal filter at Home Depot for about $25.

I had some problems with the March pump priming so I lowered it to below the current location (under the plastic tub).  I am still having problems with the pump priming.  I found a thread on Realbeer.com forums that had some discussions on this.  I will try doing what they suggested to others.  I will post the results here.

So far I have brewed three batches.  A pilsner, a stout, and a heffe.  Pilsner is just ok but I think I got an infection somehow.  I haven't transferred the other two batches yet.  Hopefully they don't have infections.  Seems the first batch would have NOT had much of a chance getting an infection since everything was new.  It does concern me a bit.

No comments: